Welcome to No More Waffles! I’m honoured to have you since that shows you have an interest in financial independence.
Here at No More Waffles, we believe that everyone should be able to live their lives the way they prefer to, on their own terms and in their own time.
My mission is to uncover, explore and share insights that allow you to build a happy and wealthy life through financial independence. I want to show that saving and investing leads to the ultimate freedom to do with your time as you wish.
Nomorewaffles.com has been around since 2014 and was one of the first European financial independence and early retirement (FIRE) blogs. The European, and to be more specific Belgian, perspective has remained one of the core tenets of the website. Wondering why the website is called No More Waffles? Be sure to check out my about page.
If it’s your first time here, all the information might be overwhelming, so let’s get you started in two steps!
STEP 1: indulge your interest for financial independence
There is over a day’s worth of reading material on No More Waffles, so you better get started to catch up! Or you can take these shortcuts to the best-received content.
The essentials, mostly stuff our parents never thought us:
- How compounding interest can make you rich beyond belief
- How inflation can ruin your wealth
- What the 4% rule means for your financial independence
- What your savings rate tells you about your financial freedom
- Why investing your money is necessary
On financial independence:
- Why financial independence?
- Why Only Cavemen Resist Financial Independence
- A Letter from the Bank on Financial Freedom
- Win for Life
- There’s a New Currency in Town
- Reaching Financial Independence When Facing the Highest Income Tax Rate in the Western World
On frugal living and being able to save a lot:
- Afford Anything You Want vs. Everything You Want
- Good Money Habits as an Evolutionary Advantage
- Do You Rent or Own Your Home?
- Five Reasons Why Living Without a Car Is Awesome
On investing and making your money work for you:
- Why ETFs Are Great For People Starting Out In The Stock Market
- My ETF Strategy and Portfolio
- Three Personal Reasons Why I Am Fond of Dividend Growth Investing
- Double Dipping Through Dividend Growth Investing
- How to Deal with Crippling Foreign Withholding Taxes
- Should You Hold on to Large Pockets of Cash?
STEP 2: become part of our community
No More Waffles is updated frequently with new information, so I have created two easy ways to keep you up-to-date. You can join over 1,500 people who connect with No More Waffles on a regular basis.
First, feel free to subscribe to my newsletter, which automatically sends you a short e-mail when a new update hits the website. (Your e-mail address will never be shared and you can unsubscribe at any time, no hassle!)
Second, you can also follow me on Twitter. You’ll find that I’m quite active on there, so if you want a quick chat or have a question, give me a follow and hit me up!